Am I Wrong

is it wrong if I get upset if my husband is looking at other girls whenever we go out? there was this incidence that he stop to look at one girl wearing provocative dress and I was just beside him. I mean, I felt insulted. I spanked him as we went along and he got mad saying he didn't do anything wrong and I'm so insecure etc etc.. Up to now, I'm not talking to him. Am I wrong? #feelingdepressed

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mummy, thank you for sharing your story. It's totally normal that you feel upset when your husband is evidently looking at another girl. Did this happen a lot of times? Or is this the first one? What I think could be improved is how you reacted to it? If you spanked him publicly, that must be humiliating for him. But if not, it still not a good thing to do. Do not ever resolve to something physical whenever you wanna fix problems with your husband. Always come from a place of love, no matter how hurt you are. Maybe say that: "you know I was hurt when you do this. I feel like you've insulted me". You'll notice that your husband will match your tone - calm and reassuring. I know it must've felt bad for you. But yeah, always remember that there's always a better way to confront problems like these. Hope you feel better soon.

Read more
3y ago

thank you for your reply. love what you said. it's just that this is not the first time. I remember when I was pregnant, there's this lady jogging on the side of the road. she has big boobs so you know.. my husband kept staring at her while driving and even looked at her on the side and rear view mirror. I wanted to ask him to stop driving so he could focus watching her but I kept quiet. aiyah, I hated it.

I think it depends on how you look at it. Human’s nature, we will all look at beautiful things. Back then, I do catch my husband looking at girls, I do get mad and stopped talking. I do check out guys and girls as well(fashion), so I just discuss with him openly or tell him to look, eventually it became something so normal between us so we will talk/laugh about it together (if we find some funny fashions.) For my case, whenever I see someone dressing revealingly, I’ll ask my husband to check it out and he’ll be like “what’s wrong with her, can you stop looking at other people?” You see, the more you get affected, the more it backfires. Maybe if you don’t get bothered about it too much, he’ll probably find no joy in it anymore..?

Read more
3y ago

thank you for your advise. will try not to bother about it too much.. I just don't think he will get 'bored' in doing so.

Cant comment on this much but it boils down to sensitivity also. Whether its just being overly sensitive or so. And i agree with the other comment that spanking your hb in public is not a good thing to do. They have their pride, he probably felt humiliated.

3y ago

Guess it runs in our family because all the ladies thinking tis way. But well, hope everything is well for u ya!