Prenacy, worries

Hi, my wife is in her week 18+, sometime she will feel small sharp pain at her tummy, is this the feel of baby movement?? And today she feel pain at her buttocks, is that normal??

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The sharp pain could be ligament round pain which normally comes and goes a few seconds and is very normal in all pregnancies. It's her ligament stretching to accomodate to her growing fetus. As for the pain at her buttocks, could be tailbone pain which also is common due to the weight of her tummy. But if really worried, then best to talk to her gynae.

Read more
3y ago

thank you

I had sharp pain throughout my entire pregnancy! Towards the end of my pregnancy the sharp pain was way more serious like I couldn’t even lift my feet to wear undergarments because it’s that painful but other than that all was fine! Nothing to worry about!

3y ago

thank you

18 weeks is too early for her to feel baby thou, most likely is e organs giving space to baby hence is rubbing e buttock which I also experienced e same especially if I sat for too long. Do highlight to e gynae on her concerns

3y ago

will take note, thanks

18weeks baby movement shouldnt cause any pains. however , its normal to have small sharp pain on and off due to the shifting of organs

3y ago

thank you

Suggest check with gynae. After sitting too long on the computer chair, my butt also hurts, then it feels like coz no cushion 😂

3y ago

Thank you

TapFluencer

Is ur wife very small build or petite? 18 weeks shouldn’t have sharp pain. But is good to check with gyne to confirm.

3y ago

will take note, thanks

buttock? sit too long at work desk

3y ago

thank you

ask youqr gynae for advise.

3y ago

Thank you