Why does my baby perspire so much when the wind is blowing direct at her! And I need to hide under comforter, but she's wet!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is common for infants to sweat to help regulate their body temperature. They will sweat more in their palms and soles during stressful situations, and hot environments and anxiety usually cause underarm sweating. Just make sure to maintain a comfortable room temperature and avoid overdressing your baby to reduce his/her sweating. You can read up on these if you think that your baby is sweating excessively: http://www.livestrong.com/article/499055-infant-sweating/ The article highlighted three conditions associated with excessive sweating in infants.

Read more

As Hui Qun mentioned, it's normal for babies to sweat. Humans sweat to regulate their body temperatures and because babies are relatively smallerly than adults, they tend to feel warmer faster to us. Dress your child appropriately and make sure the temperature is okay for her. Remember that what room temperature works for you might not be working for her. My son too sweats a lot despite having the fan blowing at it so at night he wears singlets and shorts and I realized it helped since he's not whining nor fussing before sleeping.

Read more