What and when to buy before giving birth

What is the essential things to buy and also when is the best time to buy? This is my 1st pregnancy and im abit lost. Overwhelmed with many stuffs selling in the market now! Haha #firstbaby #1stimemom #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For me, I didn’t really buy any baby clothes/swaddle/toy as I got some hand down sets from friends and family who gave birth before me. During my first trimester, I mainly just “window shopping”, add things to cart and only buy them towards end 2 trimester. Things that I bought in 2nd trimester which I think is essential for me/baby: baby cot, play mat, cradle, 1-2 milk bottles.. Things that I bought in 3rd trimester: breast pump (was recommended Spectra S1), milk storage bag, nipple balm, baby laundry detergent, baby shower gel (head to toe), baby moisturizer, nappy rash cream, cotton ball, cotton bud, baby cot mattress, pillow, bedsheet. Buying more of those little stuff which we’ll be using when baby arrive! Things I bought after gave birth: formula milk (bm havent kick in then), pram/stroller. No need to buy too many clothes/mittens/booties/handkerchief, as friends/family tend to gift baby these as gift. If you have a few closer relatives/friends, you can even tell them what you need and they can gift them to you as baby shower gift too - ie: uv sterilizer, baby carrier, rocking chair, cartons of wet wipes/diaper. For diaper, you can try going to website/fb page to start redeeming sample pack. Formula milk, no sample available for newborn (as breastmilk is highly recommended for 0-6 months) but you can redeem mommy milk to try as it will helps u during pregnancy and benefits the baby in your womb too!

Read more

Baby clothes (don't buy NB alot cos your baby will outgrown it a few weeks so buy for NB, 3 mths & above), same for NB diapers too, towels, cot, bathtub, lotion, car seat is only essential if you have your own car. Otherwise, don't waste money on it. Just hold your baby when you take the cab. Then there's also the baby carrier, stroller. All these can buy online or you if you want to see & touch then go to physical stores like Kiddypalace, mothercare, etc. I am a better safe than sorry person cos my mum also will always remind me to wait so I always buy my baby's stuff when I'm about 7 or 8 mths pregnant

Read more

I started to buy my baby's clothes /muslin for swaddling baby / towel /bath soap etc .. after I knew the gender .. I bought baby cot , yaolan and stroller after 3rd trimester ..Oh ya and also diapers and milk (incase bm have not produced)

Car seat since it is required once you go home after birth. Bought during sale