Utrogestan for first trimester

Went for my first scan today at week 5. Doc mentioned sac is slightly smaller than expected at 1.2cm and gave me utrogestan. Not sure if I should take it. Anyone also facing this?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I took Duphaston, it’s similar I think - both are progesterone support. I took it throughout my 3 pregnancies (first 2ended in miscarriage). The first two I took it at week 7-8. When the 3rd one comes, I was advised to go gynae the day I found out I pregnant (week 5) and start on it immediately - I am now week 33. Of course doctor won’t tell me if duphaston really help or what not, but I do believe starting progesterone early help in implantation and development Of course when I took progesterone the 3rd time it’s like PTSD. It’s like everytime I take this, bleeding also cannot stop. But I take anyway cus I trust in my gynae la. So you really need one gynae you can trust

Read more

Uteogestan is progesterone support so if your gynae has advised you to take it, you should take it. It does no harm to you or your baby, in fact it’s helping with progesterone needed in pregnancy until your baby can produce on his/her own around week 8/9.

If your gynae prescribed to you to stabilize your pregnancy, shouldn’t you follow medical advice 😅 instead of following non medical advice here.. better to take to stabilize 👍🏻

Follow what your gynae advised. Why are you not trusting a gynae who is medically professional? 😅 and rather listen to non medical advice given in this platform?

I was prescribed with uttogestan too as my placenta was too low. Do u have any concerns with taking it? If yes, maybe you can clarify with your doctor

I was prescribed with it even though everything was fine. If it's given by the gynae, just take it. The gynae would know better than us.

I went for scan at week 6 was only 8mm.. strange doc didnt prescribe me with anything though