Aspirin for pregnancy

Went to doc yestetday,doc advise me to take aspirin because one due to my age i'm yurning 43 this year,2nd to prevent me from having high blood,protein in my urine and blood flow to baby.I dont wish to take first but i cant stop thinking bout it because doc keep on saying dye yo my age baby may get down symdrome n i have to take extra precaution.My mind just cant stop thinking about it. #advicepls #pregnancy #secondbaby

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve been taking aspirin since week 20 too, as gynae says i have high risk of preeclampsia due to high blood pressure. I checked with him during my last check up if i still need to continue to take, he said i shall take till few weeks before delivery. I think it is ok to take aspirin since it’s a professional advice from doctor

Read more

taking aspirin in pregnancy is pretty common! it's commonly to prevent or delay the onset of preeclampsia. Other suggested indications for low-dose aspirin have included prevention of stillbirth, fetal growth restriction, preterm birth, and early pregnancy loss.

i am taking aspirin too as gynae says i may have high risk for high blood pressure - i was diagnosed since 3 months and have been taking ever since. i was worried as well but consequences of preeclampsia is very serious - so i decided to trust my gynae

I took since week 16-36. It’s ok. Aspirin can delay pre eclampsia. If you have pre eclampsia, you have to deliver the baby straight away. So I would suggest listen to ur gynae and don’t “play doctor” .

My doc prescribed aspirin from week 6.. same reason - high risk for preeclampsia as above 35