Induction

Just went for 39 weeks check up today and doc booked my induction date in 2days time, 1st feb 2023. Super nervous but excited for baby to be out soon before EDD on 4th feb 2023. Any induction mummies out there? Kindly share your experience please me. First time mom to be here.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did induce before for first child at 41 weeks. Give birth only next day. Induce will be much more painful so tolerance level have to be really really good. And if you cant hold the pain then you can take jab, gas, epidural to manage the pain. Also sometimes expect the unexpected that when you are induce it may take longer when cervix doesn't open fast. So if you are pretty long in labour with waterbag already burst, have other options in mind like forcep, vacuum or c section. It depend on individual. I dont mean to scare you but this is based on my xperience and friends around. I am also due on 9 Feb, I told them to hold till 40 weeks, unless otherwise doesnt work for normal delivery with cervix not opening, then induce.

Read more
1y ago

Yeah it may not be a smooth journey for all induce mummy even natural birth but must have other options. Go with the flow and dont be stress. Hopefully it will all be good.

My 39w checkup is tomorrow. EDD 7feb. Hehe I’m super nervous too cos FTM. May I know Why doc asked for induction ?

1y ago

As for me, baby and me, everything is fine. Just that doc wants baby out before edd(40weeks) hence, the scheduled induction this coming weds(1 feb 2023). To avoid complications after pass edd if baby still not out yet as placenta might not be supporting baby well with nutrients after edd as mentioned per doc. Hope all goes well for all of us, praying for you too! 🥰🤲🏼

How did it go? Pls share… getting induced soon.