Delivering in NUH

Hi!! For mummies who delivered under NUH-Subsidised recently, how were the midwives, gynae/MO on shift and anesthetist? Worried about being stitched up painfully or administered epidural badly. Is there any difference if i go NUH private instead? I'm week 33 now and need to make a decision soon. I've been seeing the same doc at clinic G the past 2 times. I delivered at Mount A previously but am considering NUH this time because of costs and I've heard NUH is pro-natural and is under the BFHI. Thank you! #pleasehelp #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, Most of our hospitals are under the BFHI under WHO. I’ve personally found the nurses and midwives caring when in NUH although I was under the private scheme. If it’s one on one care you’re after, have you considered hiring a doula? Tho you can’t do so under subsidised scheme in NUH…

Read more
2y ago

thank you for the assurance and taking time to respond!

Nuh are better their midwife nurse overall are better I have delivered three times there no need stitches the main thing is do not push when they don't ask u to push and will be minimal tear and my delivery will be in few months time at NUH don't worry mommy

2y ago

thank you for the assurance! appreciate it lots

I didn’t deliver at NUH but at KKH under subsidised route. I was in good hands under the care of a senior midwife, doctor, M/O and anaesthetist. They’ll all very professional and experienced, won’t lose to any private gynae.

2y ago

thank you for taking time to respond!