Formula Milk for NB

Hi there, I have yet to give birth to my child and I’m worried that I may not be producing milk as I have seen from my friends who have given birth. I think I should prepare formula milk for my NB just in case but not sure which type of milk to buy? Any recommendations for newborn’s milk? #pleasehelp #advicepls #bantusharing #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not all babies likes the same so you really need to trial & error on formula milk. But if you're looking for the closest taste to breastmilk then Nan it is. BUT Nan may also not be suitable as some babies have constipation and some have diarrhea. My NB had explosive diarrhea. So yes, need to trial & error. Maybe try to get samples from the milk company. Not sure if they do give stage 1 milk cos SG is pro breastmilk meaning they encourage to you to breastfeed. FYI, you may not be producing much at first. Breastmilk does not come on the spot, right after birth but only your colostrum. It may takes days to come. All you have to do is keep latching your baby to stimulate the milk. Newborn also does not drink much at first.

Read more