Help mummies! Is this a miscarriage?

Tested pregnant on clear blue with 3+ on the 11 Nov. (Should be my 5/6 week now) Went for a transv scan yesterday and doc only found a yolk but no sign of baby/heartbeat. was asked to come back in another weeks time for another scan… is it a miscarriage or could it be that it’s too early? Any similar encounter to share? #firsttimemom #advicepls

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

heartbeat for mine was visible at 6 weeks but not able to detect sound. I have anterior placenta (only diagnosed around 20 weeks) which means it acts as a barrier between baby and tummy, so generally harder to detect anything or feel baby moving in early weeks. I only felt baby move at 22/23 weeks, and heartbeat sounds at 10 weeks.

Read more
1y ago

Unfortunately dr wasn’t able to even detect the baby. He’s saying it may be too small or underdeveloped ):

Too early! I had a scan on my 5th week due to severe abdominal pain and the doctor can only see a yolk. Had my scan few days ago (8th week), and the scan can detect my baby’s heartbeat! First time mum as well!

1y ago

Thanks!! Going back next week for another scan. Should be my 6/7th week. Hopefully the heartbeat can be detected too!

i check yesterday 6week plus but i can’t see anything on ultrascan so check through vagina scan but only saw the gestational sac no york or embryo im worry is it fine?

1y ago

I guess if should be fine.. another 1 -2 weeks you can go and have a scan.. I had my first scan when I was test faint positive but I didn’t officially miss my period yet but since I was already at the clinic, the doctor scan and said there is a gestational sac and it’s probably too early to tell and asked me to return 2 weeks later and tadah!!! All went well!

Still pretty early and york sac is a good sign! hope you get to hear baby’s heartbeat in the next visit :)

I went for a scan at 5w+ and it was the same as yours. Went back a week later and heard the heart beat!

1y ago

Hoping for good news next week! Thanks for the info (:

Too early! Yolk is a good sign that it’s not a miscarriy

1y ago

Thank for the info! Doc told me my yolk looks bigger than usual. Should be able to see the baby but we can’t even detect the heartbeat. That’s why I’m very worried….hoping for the best during my next scan!

could be too early! wait for the next scan. wish u luck!

1y ago

Thank you!!

VIP Member

Too early. Next scan you might hear heart beats. ;)

1y ago

Yessss I hope sooo too !!

how is it