Allowance for parents

Do you still give your parents monthly allowance after you start a family? As we now have a baby and we still have to pay for infant care and the necessities. My parents still require me to give them the same amount monthly allowance and it’s very stressful for me and my hubby. Is it normal? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #allowance

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our parents nvr asked but I still give my mom monthly as my dad doesn't give her any and cz she also took care of me during pregnancy, confinement and soon baby when I go back to work. But it's a just a small amt of $700, sth tt is still within my means as I'm a working mom. I only hve 1 younger sis who's not married and still servicing her uni bank loan and helps to pay my parent's home bills and loan so I feel like it's my responsibility to provide for my mom at least. My hubby is lucky tt his parents hve no financial issues but he still occasionally gives them some money, help buy groceries, bring out for dinner etc. I think u need to let ur parents know abt ur expenses. They may not know how expensive family expenses are now esp with childcare. Then perhaps they wld understand and u can try to reduce the amt to sth tt u both can afford.

Read more