Suffering at work

Just started at my new job for 3months and I also found out I’m preg after I joined the company, so I’m 3months rn. My nausea is really bad that food smell, transportation and essential oil triggers it or even not doing anything I can feel nauseous too. Worst thing is my mentor at work is giving me a really hard time even know she’s aware that I’m preg and her usage of essential oil is giving me a hard time as well. I did feedback to my manager abt the stress and anxiety I am receiving from my mentor but tbh there isn’t much she can do plus she isn’t willing to extend my wfh anymore.. I can’t sleep well at night and I can’t eat well due to the nausea too. Idk what to do…do I hang on at work or do I resign? But resigning means short of income…. #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally I would hang on but it really depends on you... it was tough for me in my first trimester cuz i had bad nausea too but thankfully it got better in my second trimester.. There are many factors to consider if you were to resign now especially financially wise.. are you prepared to lose your income for the next many months until you give birth? in the interim when you feel better, it will be difficult to find a new perm job as most companies will not wanna hire pregnant ladies. also, you will need to give up on your maternity leave benefits too. If you really feel like you can't take it anymore, you can discuss with your husband and see if you can work things out if you were to resign. Alternatively, you may wanna talk to your boss again and explore other options or arrangements. not sure if that will change anything since you've alr spoken to him/her before. All the best!

Read more

Go after your wellness and child welfare especially feotus is still developing. Stress can affect you and the fetus growth. My 1st trimester was also bad even if ob already gave me meds. I asked ob to give me at least 3 weeks leave coz i really can't focus on work. She find it reasonable as the way I look that time, I was really weak due to nausea from morning to night. I informed my manager and fortunately he's concerned about me. Im on my 2nd trimester and things gets better now. If it doesnt make you well take a rest, your babys development is important than work or anything else. If you resign I believe you can still find a new and better one. Praying for you 🙏🏼 things will get better, stay strong and healthy!

Read more

take medicine. ask for diclectin from your Ob. your morning sickness may resolve by end of first trimester and it's a temporary problem and you have more to gain by staying. if the medicine alleviates most of your symptoms, your problem is solved. if it extends beyond that or medicine doesn't work, you may want to consider leaving especially if your boss and senior are not accommodating towards you while you are pregnant. why be loyal to a company that doesn't treat staff well? stress can also affect your well being as a mother, and you need to consider your child's health as well if it really gets too much.

Read more

First trimester morning sickness is the worst! I totally understand. do bring sweets along with you and eat it when you feel a nausea. I personally eat skittles to manage my nausea. and eat in small portion even if its 2 3 spoons of food. eat every 2 hours. doesn't matter if its just small portion. it helps to curb the nausea. vomit if u need to. your body is going through changes. you just vomit and eat. your body will do the rest. it should get better by week 10 onwards.

Read more

I'm going through the same as you now. Luckily I'm able to wfh, however it makes no difference as the discomfort is still there. However, I chose to hang on at work considering the finance after giving birth. Believe that the symptoms will get better! All the best to you! 💪