Negative thoughts

Just some advice on what to do. My first pregnancy and at week 6 based on EDD. Just keep thinking little one is here at wrong time. 1. company during restructuring now and I just worked for 3mths... 2. Diabetic so need to change to Insulin and keep checking on blood sugar. At least 4 times inject myself and 11 times take blood test.. which previously all by medications. Sugar keeps up & down. Have to keep gng to clinic 3. Management not supportive, tell me cannot take leave on weekday. 4. Keep having bleeding issue 5. Food control cause of diabetes & pregnancy 6. Hubby also don't wanna listen to me 7. Financial burden I know negative thoughts are bad for little one but I can't seems to control. What should I do?#adviceplease

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Im sorry to hear this, but friends tell me it will never be the right time. Me too got company restructuring, bleeding issue (with 2 miscarriage before), financial burden… 33 weeks now and I just take one day at a time and change mindset and be grateful with that I have/can achieve. For example I was grateful despite the restructuring I still got a job and will get paid maternity leave. Bleeding issue was resolved with ample rest and progesterone pill (of course this differs from one another) Financial burden… haiz I know this is the most difficult one. I’m very open to hand me down, and I make a list of the things I want (like baby registry list) and openly share it friends who ask me what I need. This way they will help you get those things you need instead of duplicate/less useful gifts. They also happy no need to think what to buy. I also do my own research down on which baby wipes, diapers etc is cheapest. Take opportunity to shop during big online sale too or if you can go JB, that will be helpful. Hope this helps sis. We can do this!!

Read more

you have a lot in your plate, take one thing at a time. I would prioritise the baby and bleeding issue. Speak with your gynae and get help/guideline/menu on daily food intake. Have rest whenever you can. You can’t do anything about the company restructuring. I’m guessing that most companies will be lenient towards pregnant staff. So, so long as you’re not making any disciplinary issue, you’re safe. About financial burden, can’t speak much about it. Maybe consider getting hand me down baby clothings and essentials like stroller or carrier. And speak to your husband when the time is good. He needs to be able to comfort you.

Read more

it's a blessing that your baby is here! imho, taking care of your health and lil one is the most impt here. and perhaps talking things out with your hub, as both of u will be walking down the road together. old saying that problems that can be solved with money is not a problem.. I'm sure there will be government subsidise or helps from family or somewhere that will ease with your baby raising costs! don't worry so much and keep yourself and baby healthy & calm. 💕

Read more