Breastmilk storing

Im puzzled. Can unused breast milk that is in the chiller still put in freezer? What’s the best method to heat up the milk in freezer? Can i just take it out from freezer and use the milk warmer device? If my milk supply is low, what’s the best method to store milk in freezer? Is 40ml milk very little for each individual pump for each side of the breast? #firstbaby #theasianparentph

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

yes you can still put unused bm in the chiller into the freezer. i would keep 2days max in the chiller before storing in the freezer. but if u foresee that u wont use it, it's still better to keep it straight in the freezer. you can hold the frozen bm under running tap water first before warming up. or thaw it in the chiller in advance. thawed bm has to be consumed within 24 hours. pump output varies for each person. you can identify your best way to boost milk supply. you can combine a few pumps before storing in the freezer. just keep in mind that when u combine them, they have to be at the same temperature. eg store your freshly pumped bm in the chiller for 2-3 hours before adding it to the previous pump

Read more
3y ago

Thank you! Didn’t know need to combine milk at the same temp oh gosh. I combined it few times already. But nver too late now