How much newborn drinks

Since Im a ftm, im not sure how feeding goes. Baby is on formula fully. Hospital feeds baby 30ml, and so we also followed the amount when we’re back home. But after a few days, we realise baby kind of still hungry even after feeding or minutes after feeding. He would either cry or keep smacking his lips or his mouth looking for something. Do i slowly increase his intake by 5ml 5ml ? I tried feeding him 40ml and he finishes it quite fast. How do i know when to increase intake and if the intake is suitable for my newborn? He’s only a week old btw. How much milk do your newborn take ? #firstbaby #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you can feed as per demand of your baby u can increase the volume as your baby grows the amount of milk demand increases also don’t hesitate to give her/him as long as every feeding ensure that u position properly your baby and burped him/her every after feeding…hopes it helps you happy parenting

Can increase 5-10 ml daily. Their limit will be if there is large amounts of spit ups/vomiting. Mine drinks 30-50ML during the first few days, occasionally 60ml. 70ml - 80ml around 15 days old.

Read more

My baby drank 30ML for first week. 2nd week 60ML, 3rd week 90ML followed by 100ML from 4-6 weeks. And currently 110ML at 7th week. We increase 5-10ML each time.

My boy is 10 days old, takes about 70-80ml each time. But the nurses did comment that he gets hungry very easily, so it's probably dependent on the baby.