Baby sleeping almost 5 hours straight

Should I be concerned if my newborn is sleeping straight from 12 noon to 5pm? I woke him up wanting to feed but he didn't want to take it and just fell back asleep on me. #1stimemom

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had a sleepy newborn too where he can sleep all the way even when we were out despite noises and hot weather at 2 months, and was very worried. I think it might just be a phase as now that he is 5 months plus, his sleep/nap schedule has become more predictable, though he does sleep a long phrase at night from 7pm-8am still. He is gaining weight steadily and is a healthy baby.

Read more
TapFluencer

its fine. every baby is different. dont worry too much if your baby behave normally while awake. as in response to you, smile and not lethargy. as the baby get older. the desire will increase.

I think you still need to wake your baby up for feeding. That's what I heard of from the nurses and doc from Thomson and nanny.

are you breastfeeding? you can offer your breast when the baby is sleepy. sometimes sleepy baby latches more. take care!

I think only wake him up for feeding if he is less than 5kg. that was what I did when my LO was younger.

yes, please wake ur baby n feed him every 2 hours...he needs the fluid n nutrition.

I have a NB too, currently reaching 2 weeks old. We wake him up for feeds!

hello mummy, i think still need to wake baby up for feeding!