38week4days & no sign of labour

Do SG gynaes let you go overdue of 40 weeks? Im a KKH sub patient :(#pregnancy #advicepls #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m a KKH patient and was advised to select a date to induce after 39w as my baby was conceived by IVF. (I don’t have other medical risks and am in my early thirties.) I asked if other babies conceived naturally would also be induced, she said some doctors offer to induce at 39 weeks as newer research shows that it’s safe. My colleague who was also a KKH patient was induced at 40w (conceived naturally) but hers was because she’s 38yo. My general feel is that they would still let you go beyond 40w if you don’t have risk factors. However I wouldn’t be so afraid of inducing and the chance of C-sect. I think if the dr recommends, it’s likely that the risk of stillbirth is a bit higher if you continue to wait, and that would be worse (and prob also requires emergency C-sect, right?) If you’re only 38w4d it’s still early days!

Read more

i think its based on your condition, for me, now i'm at 37+3, n Will be induced this Saturday on my 38w, pls pray for me... my gynae told me that i can't go over than 38 weeks, as i have high blood pressure since 2nd trimester and on medication till now, even its already managed n normal now, and i also have GDM and on insulin 3x a day, need to monitor my glucose 7x a day, need to follow dietician and diabetes doctor team advise n need to report my food diary and glucose every mon and thurs... i think its because i'm in high risk pregnancy thats why gynae doesny allow me over than 38w... but if u don't have any risk, complication, and on healthy pregnancy maybe your gynae Will let u until your due... then if the baby still not come out after that maybe they Will plan induction for you..

Read more

both my kids are induced. first one at 40w3d and second at 40 weeks. the inducr medication also is a hit or miss for some ppl. both times i induced, the person at the bed beside me has had the pill put in them 3/4 times and still no sign of labour. usually what happens after tt is a csection. luckily fr me my body able to take the pill well and was in labour within 2 hrs

Read more

It depends on mummy and baby and also doctor I think. I know friends who were allowed to go slightly past 40 weeks cos baby and mum were still going strong at 40 weeks. U can express your birth plan, and if it’s safe, the doc will usually allow

hi mummy! i was induced 40w2d cos my bb is big and still wont come out. i was induced 2x but failed so ended up csect.

It depends on the gynae. My gynae allowed me to wait past 40 weeks but I was asked to induce on 40w3d due to low fluid.

2y ago

How is your experience being induced? I feel like im afraid because sometimes baby need emergency c sect. Was your experience good? :(