2nd trimester symptoms ?

Second trimester now and almost everyday i have difficulty breathing.Any of you mummies have the same symptoms ? #SecondPregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, I feel so too. The increase in the hormone progesterone causes you to breathe more often which can look and feel like shortness of breath. This hormone expands your lung capacity, allowing your blood to carry large quantities of oxygen to your baby. As your pregnancy continues and the baby gets bigger, shortness of breath occurs as your growing uterus takes up more room in your belly. Your uterus pushes on and shifts other organs in your body. Around the 31st to 34th week of pregnancy, the uterus begins to press on the diaphragm (the flat muscle that moves up and down when you breathe). These changes may make it hard for your lungs to fully expand. This may cause more shallow breathing, and you may feel short of breath. What you can do - Sit or stand up straight. These positions give your lungs more room to expand. - Slow down. When you move more slowly, you lessen the work of your heart and lungs. - Lift your arms over your head. By taking pressure off your rib cage, you can breathe in more air. - Sleep propped up. To put less pressure on your lungs, prop up your upper body with pillows. I hope the above help you. Take good care, God bless you and your baby💙

Read more
VIP Member

My second trimester was smooth. Even first trimester was fine. Not much nausea and vomiting. Currently I'm third trimester and it's very tiring. I have difficulty in breathing now. I feel choked when lying down. My heart rate goes high too. How is your tummy size? I didn't have much tummy until recently and I feel all these uneasiness started after my tummy grew. Now I find getting out of bed itself as a major task 😀 I'm like that tortoise who feel on its back 😆

Read more
TapFluencer

Whether accompanied by any chest pain & heat sensation in the chest

yes it happenat..and it will usually get worse.