Any recommended school near to Ang Mo Kio or Bishan area? Thanks in advance!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Here are some primary school around Ang Mo Kio: Anderson Primary Ang Mo Kio Primary CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ Da Qiao Primary Jing Shan Primary Mayflower Primary Teck Ghee Primary Townsville Primary Anderson and CHIJ are very popular and often oversubscribed. I have read online that Townsville, Jingshan and Ang Mo Kio have got nice/new facilities. Not sure what criteria are you looking out for. My friends usually consider distance from school since it affects the application. Best to visit the school and try to speak to the principal and teachers around to find out more. Also, take a look at the facilities and CCA offered if those are aspects that you feel are important to you.

Read more
8y ago

thanks for sharing !

Hi I was from St Nicholas and I will say the primary school is very good and I will want my girl to get in next time. But I think competition is very strong for this school. Even alumni have to ballot. Pei Chun at Toa Payoh is famous and used to be a good school. My niece is in this school but I find their standard have dropped a lot. How I know is because my niece does a lot of other school exam paper and when I compared their test paper to other school , Pei Chun standard seems rather low especially for English. I have heard someone who switch her gal to chij Toa Payoh from Pei Chun too. Kuo Chuan at Bishan is good too. If your kid is a boy can try Catholic High.

Read more

My friend's daughters are in Jingshan Primary and they seem to be flourishing well. Like what the mommy above said, it has alot of new facilities. The school was mainly picked due to proximity to their home as well as convenient transport transfers. Also love the fact that Jingshan has a great budding visual arts programme. Reckon in this day and age, it's important for kids to be exposed to the arts. Here's a video illustrating the school's emphasis of value in action through visual arts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5_5H7Oz40Q

Read more

Look at this site to search for the schools by area - some of the schools have reviews by parents. Hope this helps. https://www.kinderful.com/schools?sortBy=average_overall_rating&institutionType=school&tags%5B%5D=19&ageMonth=&freetext=Ang+mo+Kio I would personally pick St Nicholas but it is quite difficult to get in.

Read more