Brown spotting and healthy pregnancy

Is it possible to have a little bit brown spotting and continue to have healthy pregnancy ? Any experiences anyone can share ? #advicepls

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had brown spotting almost throughout my first trimester. The doc gave me progesterone pills to stabilize my hormones and pregnancy, and I had routine check ups to ensure there was no bleeding and that my scans were good in the first trimester. I’m now 25 weeks pregnant and my baby is growing well! Don’t stress out about it too much! Just be vigilant and go for regular check ups if you’re concerned!

Read more
2y ago

Yes, mine was same as well. Exactly on and off... But nothing to be worried about at all.

I too had it at week 10 to 13... Brown discharge for 1-2 days... But its absolutely normal... Seems like old menses blood comes out to accomodate growing child... I went to emergency just to be sure but was at peace after seeing the baby comfortably jumping inside :)... Dont stress at all...

i had brown spotting and bleeding during my first tri and my baby is now 7 months old :). i was given progesterone jabs and meds to stabilize pregnancy. im an ivf mum though so my experience may be different :)

Dont worry. I have had brown spotting n even red blood (very much menses feel) during my pregnancy. Even had a huge lump of blood of palm sized passed out but my gal is almost a year old now!

2y ago

My bleeding was due to a tear coz i went shopping the whole day. Eventually it got better with some brown blood.. but i was worried n went back so they did a v scan.. end up night time i went ane coz i saw huge clots.. so the doc at ane told me its “normal” which got me abit pissed since she couldnt explain why.. anyway gave a jab and slowly it got better (tink i had duphaston till 2nd trim) Didnt go back to my gynae coz he said i could go any whr which is nearer to me coz all they do is just to jab so not necessary i spend the money to go private hosp…

brown spotting is very very normal. my bb is 8 months old now happy and healthy. pls don’t worry so much.

2y ago

Your reply made my day babe! Thank you so much 😊 I am having on and off brown discharge and I am currently 6 weeks and few days pregnant. The scan this Tuesday was good and saw the heartbeat too. But I still see brown discharge on and off and hence was worried. How was your experience ?