Planning to take my 5 month LO to Sydney soon. Need advice on whether to go with normal airlines or budget airlines and why? Also is there a particular time of flight that is preferred for travel (ie during LO sleep time)?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sydney is a pretty long flight, so it's probably more comfortable to fly normal airlines. I've tried flying both day time and red eye with my kids and I prefer the day time flight. Main reason is because if my child doesn't sleep during the flight, at least I am not tired looking after him/her. And of course, upon arrival, we are able to check into a hotel and rest if need be. There was once we took a red eye flight. The flight was late to begin with (which meant our child had to be disturbed cos he was previously sleeping on the carrier due to the late flight - note you cannot carrier your child during take on/off - need to remove them out of the carrier and put safety belt) and my child was somehow very fussy that night, so we didn't get much sleep on the plane. Upon arrival, it was very early - I think around 8am, so we couldn't check into our hotel to rest either. So we ended up like walking zombies until check in time *lol* Since then my hb and I always try to travel day flights so we don't get burnt out.

Read more

Normal airlines. Budget airlines are generally more cramp and tho you can pay more for a more spacious seat, I feel that the staff are not as service orientated or friendly. U may need quite a lot of help from the crew if u need hot water or put ice pack in fridge or anything I think it is best to travel if it is a timing that can match ur LO sleeping time so that higher chance that baby can be coax to sleep and less cranky on arrival. Be sure to have his comforters with u and try to feed milk when take off and landing to help with the ear discomfort too - a less disturbed baby is best :) All the best and enjoy ur holiday.

Read more

Pls take full service airline. traveling with baby is really no joke.