Terrible 2?

Oh my goodness.... Is there really such a thing as terrible 2? But my daughter is only 18 months. Since Thursday night I see a drastic change in her behaviour. She throws tantrums at EVERY single thing. She wasn't like that at all in the past. Just what is happening to her. I really don't know what to do with her when she is having a meltdown. She screams, she cries, she stomps her feet, she keeps walking in circles in her cot when she has a meltdown. She doesn't seem to be listening when we try to speak or coax her. #pleasehelp #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

hmmm i have 19 month old and she throws tantrum every no and then. the thing is, thats their only way of expressing their feelings and they dont know how to manage them. for my baby i will let her cry it out for a bit, not too long. after that i will just give her a hug and tell her its okay and point to me what she wants, some times its something she cant have so we try to explain to her why she cant have it and give her safe alternatives. its hard to manage her cries and tantrums but we have to try out best to stay calm, be by their side when they cry and help them manage their tantrums. do your best, there is not right and wrong, just try ways and see what works best for your little one.

Read more

hi, it is totally normal. as she started to acknowledge her emotion but yet she do not know how to express thus she will show it via tantrums or other expressive method. try to have more time with her and calm her down when she started to throw tantrums and and so. slowly read her behaviour and understand what she is trying to express. it will get better as she grow. 😀

Read more