Spotting/ bleeding

Is it normal to have brown discharge? Some brown spotting as and when. Went to see doctor two times but doctor not able to advise why it happen. But baby is ok. Anybody got similar experience? #pregnancy #advicepls #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i had brown discharge spotting during week 4,5 &7.... my first pregnancy so I was very worried and admitted myself to KK O&G, but was told this symptom is normal in some women and nothing much can be done. they did scans and all and I was told everything is fine. as long as it is spotting & not bleeding, I was told not to be worried...

Read more

Had crazy bleeding during 9 weeks preggy after sex went to gynae says dangerous after a week if bleeding stops baby should be safe can’t identify why too. Was advised to stop having sex. So have been abstaining. It’s so hard to abstain. Now entering 3 trimester hope time pass faster I’ll deliver a healthy baby

Read more

I had brown discharge too and doctor prescribed duphaston. Now no more discharge alr. But had sex ytd (couldn’t resist 🤪) and the discharge came back again. Doctor say it could be due to old blood, implantation, rough sex or weak cervix. So long as you don’t feel any cramping or pain sld be fine.

2y ago

9 weeks!

im at my 36 weeks, had brown discharge 2 times yesterday.. did not had any sex since 2nd trimester due to low placenta,had a checkup on my 33 weeks doctor said placenta had gone up. did not went to see gynae but baby is moving actively as per normal. no cramping. . just pray and hope baby is ok.

2y ago

hi, i went to see the gynae.. they told me that i have infection on the vagina hence the spottings.. they gave me medication for the infection. so far all ok. im now going 36 weeks and will be doing my csect next week at 37 weeks.

I was told the old blood will take some time to clear by my gynae! But that was after i got a tear.. actually before i knew i was preggy, i actually had two episodes of brown blood… 😅

2y ago

Thanks for sharing!

how many wks are u in now? im also having brown discharge like a bit only in the pads, 34wks into pregnancy. also dont have an answer

2y ago

Week 13 now…

had it during my entire 1st trimester. my gynae prescribed me with duphaston and advised me to rest as much as i can. take care!

2y ago

Ty!