Week 34, frequent contractions but comes and goes.

Is it normal to experience contractions everyday? Am week 34, its not consistent but throughout the day comes and goes. And past few days will have slight diarrhoea once or twice a day… Tummy hard like bball when stand up start walking, but ok after awhile. Is it labour is near?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

not sure is it Braxton's hicks? early contractions u wont feel much. i had early contractions at week 34 and 1 cm dilated and got admitted to hospital to monitor. coz not full term yet, my gynae gave me medication to stop contractions. but since u start having diarrhea, its a sign that u are going into labour. please check with ur gynae asap and see if u can do CTG to monitor. since u are only 34 weeks, they will also give steroid jab to develop baby's lung faster. i had 2 jabs when i was hospitalised.

Read more

I’m also curious about her question - what does Braxton hicks feel like? Is the cramp / contraction you are referring to similar to a mild menstral cramp? I feel this when I sit up for long hours… but it doesn’t last long after lying down (maybe 10 mins?) I’m 35 weeks btw

3mo ago

it is braxton hicks if ur tummy no longer hard after u change position. but if is contractions, ur tummy will remain hard no matter how u change position. but if there is no pain, just hard tummy, shld be fine. early labour like 1-2cm dilated is still ok. u only need to report to labour ward if u can really feel the contractions pain every 5 mins