Csect Binder

Is it necc to wear the abdominal binder given by the hospital? I stopped wearing mine 1 week pp due to an allergic rash. I tried wearing it again recently (currently at 2 weeks pp) but I feel so much more pressure and discomfort/soreness at wound area when walking around. Should i still force myself to wear the binder? Or is it ok to forgo wearing it?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi Mama, The binder shouldn’t be causing discomfort. How is your wound healing? It shouldn’t look red and wet. If it is, please consult your doctor. Maybe try wearing the binder for 4 hours a day to start and increase hours gradually to help your body adjust. The binder is suppose to help with your healing.

Read more
3y ago

Hi Lena! The wound is actually healing well. It’s dry and not red at all, which is why it puzzles me as to why I seem to be the only one finding discomfort in wearing the binder :/

my mother who is a masseuse taught me to put a pad over first, use a towel to cover belly and back and bind. it should be itchy (no itchy marks) due to blood circulation. make sure your bind is tight enough to make your spine stay straight but not too tight till you cant breathe.

It is recommended to wear the binder cos it really will help with recovery! Try putting kitchen towel in between the binder and yourself. I had v bad rash when I was using the binder. I think my skin was a little allergic to it. After putting kitchen towel in between it was much better.

3y ago

Thank you! I will try it out again with your suggestion! :)

I was taught to put a clean sanitary pad on the csect wound so tt it provides a cushion between the binder and your skin. My wound healed well with no pain at all, almost invisible too coz my gynae gave anti-keloid spray and cream.