My husband and me are staying at different address because of space constraints. Will my kids follow the dad's address or my address as per IC when we register for Primary 1?

2 Replies
Write a reply

Statutory declaration is required for parents who wish to register their child using the address of the child's grandparent or the parent's sibling and the address is within 2 km from the school of choice. The eligibility criteria are: Both parents are working full-time at the time the statutory declaration was made; and The child is under the full time care of a grandparent or a parent's sibling; and The child's grandparent or the parent's sibling is not employed. In addition, a child who gains priority admission into a school through distance category based on the child’s grandparent or parent’s sibling’s address is required to continue with the child-care arrangement at the address used for registration for at least 30 months, from the commencement of the P1 Registration Exercise on 30 June 2016. If this condition is subsequently not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the basis of the priority admission to the first school is the declared address used for registration.

Read more

I called MOE, they said by default they will follow the father's IC.