My 6 year old son does not have a history of eczema but recently, he started having rashes on his neck, arms and behind the knees. The skin condition became more aggravated and the itch became more severe as the weather got hotter. I brought him to a GP and they said it was eczema and gave him a kind of steroid cream and calamine lotion. I need advice on: 1) whether my son's condition is a case of eczema? 2) how to take care of the condition? 3) what sort of cream/lotion to use from now onwards? 4) can he still use Kodomo body bath?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1) it may be eczema since your GP said so. But to really confirn it, you can ask for morr detail test such as skin allergy test (meaning, if eczema, he'll have allergy reactions towards the trigger factors) 2) observe conditions that worsen your child's condition. Avoid hot and crowded places, stay in cool room so he won't sweat a lot. Take shower often to help lessen the itchiness. 3) i suggest you learn more about natural products to help with his skin condition and avoid steroid. Brands such as MooGoo and Four Cow Farm have good reviews from people with eczema condition. Also feed him with probiotics to strengthen his immunity, which can reduce the intensity of the eczema.

Read more