My 6 year old son does not have a history of eczema but recently, he started having rashes on his neck, arms and behind the knees. The skin condition became more aggravated and the itch became more severe as the weather got hotter. I brought him to a GP and they said it was eczema and gave him a kind of steroid cream and calamine lotion. I need advice on: 1) whether my son's condition is a case of eczema? 2) how to take care of the condition? 3) what sort of cream/lotion to use from now onwards? 4) can he still use Kodomo body bath?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1)Eczema is almost always itchy. Sometimes the itching will start before the rash appears, but when it does, the rash most commonly appears on the face, back of the knees, wrists, hands, or feet. It may also affect other areas as well. Affected areas usually appear very dry, thickened, or scaly. In fair-skinned people, these areas may initially appear reddish and then turn brown. Among darker-skinned people, eczema can affect pigmentation, making the affected area lighter or darker. 2)eczema is to relieve and prevent itching, which can lead to infection. Since the disease makes skin dry and itchy, lotions and creams are recommended to keep the skin moist. These products are usually applied when the skin is damp, such as after bathing, to help the skin retain moisture. Cold compresses may also be used to relieve itching.Avoid sudden changes in temperature or humidity.Avoid sweating or overheating.Avoid scratchy materials, such as wool, avoid harsh soaps, detergents, and solvents. Be aware of any foods that may cause an outbreak and avoid those foods. 3)You can buy over-the-counter products, such as hydrocortisone 1% cream. You can also try this cream( shown in the pic) I have been using this for my LO and it works. 4) I would advice to use bath soap that is not strong smelling, more moisturizing bath cream. You can also try cetaphil.

Read more
Post reply image