Formula milk

Hi mums! My son is a breastfed baby but due to a supply dip, I've started mixed feeding. When he was on full BM, he would poop once every 3-4 days. However, ever since we tried his first formula (Enfamil Pro A+) two weeks ago, his pooping freq got worse. Now he could go 7 days without pooping and we had to use a suppository to get him to poop on the 8th day. I don't want to keep doing this and I am pretty sure it's not healthy for him. Is his stomach still getting used to the formula milk? Or is he showing signs that his stomach is not handling this brand so well? Should I change and if so, which brand is easy to digest? Thanks for you help mums 🙏🙏

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

when u started to change BM to formula baby poop will also change.. My both babies(now teen)had the problem before.. What i did is i cut off 1 scoop milk powder meaning is 3 scoops of milk powder and the water level is 90ml so u do 2 scoops milk powder & water level is also 90ml something like this or u can try and change the milk if yr baby still poop the same..

Read more
1d ago

wtf please don't listen to ms_dimple. babies can die from water intoxication if you don't follow the specifications on the milk tin as their kidneys are not developed enough to remove water efficiently yet. what you can do is to trial and error on milk formula. there is no other choice.

hi mummy, u might wanna try Lactogen. it's good for digestion and less sweet compare to other brands, it's closer in taste with breast milk too (seen from advertise) I switch my number 4 from breast milk to Lactogen after trying out different type of milk. note that if u r feeding at 90ml, u put water at 90ml first then add powder. don't get the sequence wrong n end up thickening the fm.

Read more

Definitely constipation. My baby’s on fm and poop daily or once every 2 days. For fm really need to trial and error. Can also give probiotics like what others mention. My baby’s been on biogaia for the longest time

I've never tried any other brand - fed NAN optipro 1 from birth as it was recommended by a close friend whose baby is just a year older. Never had problems with constipation so far and my baby poops 1-3 times a day

Can try giving probiotics (I give Lactogg) daily in milk, my kid used to have bad constipation but now she poops daily/every 2 days. She’s currently on Nan optipro.

mummy can try goat milk formula its gentle for baby tummy. My baby mixed feeding also.

Try probiotics. Biogaia is not bad as well.