Is normal for fetus weight 2.3kg at 32 week

Hi mummy, is it normal or not normal for our fetus weight 2.3kg at 32 week 4 days..? My gynae is worried about the fetus weight will be increased to 4 kg?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Here’s my story: My baby was 1.8kg at 28weeks, gynae advised me to be cautious with my food intake coz baby was on the chubby side. I got home worried sick in case baby hits 4kg at full term. I really cut down on my food intake from 28weeks to 38weeks. Regretted afterwards. Baby was born at 38wks, 2.38kg only. Know what’s the best part, doctors question why baby is so small for her gestational age. 🙄 So, pls listen to your own body.. do not stress yourself unnecessarily & take care mommy!

Read more

My baby came was 2.4 at 37weeks but came out 2.6 at 38weeks! Gynae was worried too and wanted to do c sect immediately, but I was strong on my choices and waited a week after the supposed c sect. Just nice my baby came out! I’d say don’t worry too much, as usually it’s just an estimated weight.

2y ago

Thank.. hopefully i able to be strong to give birth to my baby as normal delivery.

VIP Member

my #1 was estimated 2.8kg at w40, came out to be 3.2kg #2 was supposed to be 3.2kg at w38 but came out 2.6kg ultrasounds can have quite a range lol

Read more

Don't be worry too much as the weight is just base on estimated. Maybe if you drink maternal milk, try cut down on it.

Not to worry as long as baby healthy. My 3rd born born @ 4kg, 38wks. Tiny momy but huge baby.

my baby was 3.4kg at 36 weeks. Came out through natural birth ...alls well

Normal. My baby 2.2kg at week 32 she came out 2.7kg at week 37