Where in your belly can you feel baby movements?

Hi Mummies, Where can you feel baby movements in your belly around 16 weeks of pregnancy ? Is it strictly in the lower part of belly or it can be in upper part too? I sometimes feel linger movement in my upper right stomach so not sure what it could be. Curious! #advicepls #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby will flutter, kicks, move usually lower belly and upper part of the abdomen. As baby grow you will see it more visibly. Lower belly flutter, kicks and movement at the earlier stage due baby's still small so most time you will feel it there. Perhaps for next scanning you can ask gynae/doctor the exact position of your baby from head to toe so you can gauge baby's favourite positon. I do that for my first and second because I spot the pattern.

Read more

At 16 weeks I felt movement mostly at the lower part of the belly. I believe it’s because baby is still small. Now at 29 weeks I can feel baby movements all over (upper and lower abdomen, sides of my tummy, bottom of rib cage).

2y ago

16 weeks is considered quite early still so don’t worry! I only felt more obvious baby movements around 19 weeks. But it’s mostly at my lower abdomen until after 25 weeks I start to feel baby movements all over my abdomen and sides.

I mostly feel the flutters at the top of my belly. Im 18 weeks currently.

2y ago

Upper part of abdomen. Mostly feel the flutters at night when I'm lying downz