See A Doctor

Hello Mummies, Im in week 5 day 5 today and have yet to see a doctor. Currently im having a brown discharge. Isit ok to visit a doctor while having a brown discharge? This is my 4th pregnancy (i had 3 miscarriages before this). #firstbaby

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi dear, since you are having concern it would be best for you to get check especially you had 3 miscarriage before to avoid you feeling worried. Im also currently in my 1st trimester and had once spotting and for 2 weeks i was having pain at my womb area. I was so worried despite this is my 4th pregnancy. When to a&e. Gynae do a vaginal check and scan and prescribed me with dydrogesterone (duphaston) as she inform that im having threatened miscarriage. There nothing wrong for you to visit the doctor when you have doubts and concerns dear. Just do what you feel best and remember you are not alone dear. Hugs Sis ❤

Read more
2y ago

Hi Dear. Thank you so much for your concern. Really appreciate it. Will visit the doctor very very soon. Hugs Dear. 💙

i was spotting (brown discharge) when I had my first appt w gynae at week 6. did ultrasound scan and whatnot, informed her about my spotting and she told me it's normal in first trimester due to implantation and will go away on its own in a few days. she didn't prescribe any medication to me as well. so I don't really see a prob of visiting the gynae when u have brown discharge? in fact, I think it's even more appropriate to see the gynae when u have doubts or any concerns on your pregnancy (for instance, having brown discharge now).

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for your advice, mummy. 🌹

Hello ❤️ I too had three losses before so I understand that you might be feeling anxious. My take is that if it makes you worried, just visit the gynae for a check to make sure everything is going OK. You could also be prescribed with duphaston or utrogestan to support the pregnancy in the first trimester. I was on utrogestan twice / thrice daily and weekly Progesterone shots throughout first tri. Advocate for yourself and do what makes you feel at peace. ❤️ And remember you're not alone!

Read more
2y ago

Thanks 💙. Appreciate your advice. 🌹

i suggest to visit doctor as u had miscarriages before. hope all are well for you ❤

2y ago

Sure will do. Thanks 💙.

VIP Member

yes, please check with the doctor asap

2y ago

Will do. Thanks Mummy. 🌹

TapFluencer

best to check with your gynae

2y ago

Will do. Thanks Mummy. 🌹