Softer baby movement at 38 weeks+ pregnancy

Hi Mummies, I am today 38 weeks 4 days pregnant and I have started feeling softer baby movements. Like they are not as hard and strong as before. Is this normal ? Is this how it should be till the delivery ? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same for me. but at 38+ weeks baby can be more responsive (at least mine was) so u can try to tap or poke a bit and see if he/she responds to give reassurance. anyways when I was in triage a lot of women came due to no movement so I don’t think it should be taken lightly as well. do go to hosp if you feel weird. mummys instinct is always worth listening to. if baby is unwell at least you get to detect early

Read more
1y ago

Thanks for the tip. Baby does respond and loves too. It is just that the movements have gone soft a bit. But when I sit right up I feel the baby moving strongly. So should be all good.

Baby dont move much due to no space left in the tummy. As long as you still feel the jitter, kick, toss turn it should be fine. Use the TAP kick app to monitor baby movement.

1y ago

Thanks a lot Eva. Your replies are really helpful and assuring. I will worry less now