Newborn facing breathing troubles

Hi Mummies, I just gave birth yesterday. The birth was through emergency c section since the baby had pooped inside. After being born, the baby is having little bit of breathing troubles as doctor says he might have swallowed some meconium inside the womb. May I know if anybody else faced this? How much time does it take for the baby to recover ? Currently they have kept the baby under observation #firstbaby #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

have you started producing colostrum? its thick, yellowish first milk and it comes in small quantity for the first 2 days. you can massage, hand express and collect it using syringes (1ml or 3ml) to avoid wastage due to the small volume. it is beneficial for the baby. once the mature milk kick in a couple days later, there will be more volume for you to start pumping. Don't worry. mummy must stay positive, eat well, rest well so you can provide for the baby. all will be fine :) take care

Read more

hello mummy. i was in the same situation as you last year. my baby was kept under observation for 4 days also bc she had high jaundice. maybe can ask yr doctor?

2y ago

Yeah I am focusing on pumping and supplying for my baby and resting so that I am recovering fast too :) Agreed that baby is in good hands. It is fine that I will see him in some days. I will stay strong and provide food for him. Thank you so much for all these kind words and knowing that there are some mums who have been in this situation also gives me confidence that everything will be fine