Less kicks but more movement in belly

Hi Mummies, I am 30 weeks pregnant and lately I feel my baby moves around a lot but I feel less kicks. It feels as if the baby kicks less now but moves overall a lot. Is this normal ? Are we only supposed to count the kicks or can we count movements as well ? Please help as this is my first pregnancy #firstbaby #firstmom #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

when I am week 37 & 38 previously, I feel that the movements are lesser. sometimes I don't even feel any movements at night. went to see the gynae on week 38 day 2 and gynae say that there is not much space for the baby to move around and since i am 2cm dilated already I was admitted and baby born next day. jus make sure that there must be movements. if u feel that the movements are getting much lesser just go see the gynae

Read more

You can count both. As long as baby's actively moving/kicking meaning baby is doing okay in your tummy. Unless you have zero movement through the day, that is something you should be worried about. Nevertheless use the TAP kick counter to monitor the kicks.

1y ago

Thanks Eva. Baby moves everyday. I was just worried if only Kicks matter and movements don’t. Thanks for clarifying :)