Financial Aid & Expenditure

Hello mummies, Due to financial issues I was encouraged to not have the baby with me. However, I am still finding ways where I can change the minds of my family/boyfriend who tells me I am not able to do it and I will be struggling financially. I have tried going to SSO and also KKH's MSW and both rejected my application because I am earning 'too much' Is there other ways for financial assistance I could reach out for should I be a single mother or if I would to get married with my boyfriend but he would end up being the sole breadwinner? Please advice #1stimemom #advicepls #pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Tough times don't last, tough man do. If me i will bite the bullet n hang in there. Surely u can't be unlucky forever. Ur pay will increase over the years if u work hard, do suitable upgrades. If me i will marry the bf (i don't consider him as father yet) for in sg, single mums still do get some discrimination when it comes to say for example, applying for a Hdb...be it temporary rental housing or permanent flat of ur own. Even if its a 2room Bto, it's still a shelter. N also in e meantime, try to work it out with bf. If it does, then happy ending. If not, i will work hard for my lil one. Whichever decision u make, just hope u do it without much regrets. All the best. 🍀

Read more

Work something out with your boyfriend on how the both of you can contribute to have this baby together. Your bf don't need to be the sole breadwinner if you are able to send your baby to infant care in order for you to go back to work. Check out ECDA for infant care subsidies. Being a single mother will be a lot harder than you thought, getting financial aid from government seems ideal but they will still need to be based on your income & other eligibility. Baby don't come easy, please think wisely.

Read more

Hi mummy, you can try going to CCs or social services centres in your area who would be able to provide you with financial aids and advice as to what you can do. Hope this helps and press on đŸ’ȘđŸ»