Infant care expectation

Hi mummies! Anybody have sent their newborn to infant care (IFC)? Have a few question since I am sending my first born to one! 1. How early did you send your baby to IFC? Mine is going 3 months. In your IFC, are there many infants around this agegroup? 2. I know IFC will help to shower your baby, but do you still shower your baby on your own? Or do you let the teachers handle this? 3. Is it expected to get picture updates from teachers daily? Especially for infants, since they do not have any class activities yet. Do you ask for picture from the teachers? #pleasehelp #advicepls #firstbaby #firsttimemom #infantcare

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1. Sent ours to IFC at 3m . At our IFC, she was the only one at the time in the 3-6m group. Others were either crawlers (6m-12m) or walkers (12-18m). So she get a bit more undivided attention (I feel). 2. School’s shower time is every morning but honestly, I wear my baby home and we perspire so much that it’s impossible not to take a shower in the evening. So we decided to just shower baby once every day, in the evening . Didn’t let her teachers shower her. 3. Did not ask for pictures. I let them send whenever they have any. They do send every few days even though there’s no class activities and it can be quite random. I think it’s easier to take pictures when they are not moving. Sometimes they collate and send everything at the end of the week.

Read more

1. My firstborn went ard 5mths coz no slot. 2nd one will go once theres slot when he turns 3 mths. I tink the max the ifc could have was max 12 coz they hv ard 4 teachers if i not wrong. 2. We dun shower my baby before going school. Only when she comes back frm sch. 3. I wouldnt expect daily update but the initial few days they did upload photos in the app.

Read more

1. I sent my LO to IFC at 4 months. During her time, there were about 12 others. 2. I shower my baby before and after sch. Baby’s immune is not strong yet and spending the whole day in IFC, it’s only hygienic to shower her. 3. Teachers will collate pics at the end of the week and post on the parent portal.

Read more
TapFluencer

💕