Formula fed all babies from birth

Hi mummies with more than 1 child and fully formula fed from birth, did you decide to fully fed baby with formula from birth, and even for your 2nd born? How did you prevent “milk production”? Did you not pump/latch from the start? Or would need to eat the medication to stop milk production after birth? Did you have any engorgement? I tried pumping for my first baby and couldnt take it mentally and physically so i stopped and took the medication. Altho im only few months PP, im already planning to only formula fed all my upcoming babies from birth. Is it a bad thing? I know i will definitely be judged heavily, especially from family members, friends and even relatives. And how do i answer when during hospital stay and medical checkups when nurses keep asking if youve tried latching baby etc. and they would always ask why you dont breastfeed your baby. How do you answer them. Thank you in advanced! #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I’m currently pregnant with my second and have already made the decision to fully formula feed. With my first, I was so determined to bf but it took a toll on my mental health because my supply wasn’t that high. I posted a similar question and 2 kind mummies have shared that we can request for the hospital to give us meds that help to stop milk production. I’m also preparing myself for the judgement and endless questions of why formula and not bf? And all the questions that entails. Important thing is I don’t deprive my child of hunger and at the end of the day, I know I don’t want to go back to postnatal blues. Wishing you all the best in the upcoming days 💓

Read more

As hard as it can be, you don’t owe anyone any explanation. It’s sickening that people ask why don’t we bf. Like duh? Why don’t you just shut up 🙄 Tell your gynae that you have decided to go full fm, ask gynae to put a remark so that the other staff won’t keep asking you about it. It’s so annoying that we need to explain ourselves. Be STRONG! Show the resting bitch face when necessary 🤣

Read more