Jobs for pregnant mummies ?

hello mummies , its weird not having to work but i got rejected by some jobs that i applied because of my pregnancy. Does anyone know of any job that is suitable for preggy mums ? Giving birth / raising a child is not cheap especially since i have been jobless for quite some time .... ☹️ #pleasehelp #advicepls #advicemommies

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

freelance creative jobs, data entry, and/or home secretary jobs, online jobs. if you really like social media, you can try applying for social media management jobs/content creation. After COVID ppl are more welcoming to the idea of work from home. I did graphic design and illustration freelance since I was about 6-7 mo pregnant up until now (my LO is 3 weeks old). self-employed/freelance is just a bit volatile. but personally works out for me because I don't want to work a job that requires me to be away from my baby. so this is my best option. all the best mummy :)

Read more

Most companies dont want to employ pregnant mummies due to being afraid of them taking alot of leaves and mcs. Some pregnant mummies may not be able to commit for at least 3 months. Some companies require 6 months commitment in order to be able to apply for maternity leave and childcare leave etc. This is what my employer told me. I am currently resigning from my job as it is making me stress and affecting my pregnancy.

Read more
5mo ago

oh dear , i have not been working and when i found out im pregnant , it worries me knowing i might not have enough... tried searching for job but i am unsure of what job cater for us mummies 😣

unfortunately, this is the truth. I resigned at about week6, right before I found out I am pregnant. I'm week 30 now. try looking for those part time data entry jobs if you need it to pass time and can stay home too.

5mo ago

I'll try and look for data entry jobs !! thank u so much !

From what i heard from people and my friends, companies rarely hire pregnant women.

where are you staying at? the need teacher asst at UWCSEA east campus

5mo ago

i am staying at bukit panjang :)

How many months pregnant are you now?

5mo ago

8 weeks is still pretty early. Can try bank's contact centres. they are usually always looking for people.