Share your experience when you felt the real labour is here

Hello mummies, Just want to know everyone different experience when it come to the real labour so that i can get myself prepared too. Im currently Week 38 Right now i tend to feel the tightening on my stomach or "back to the old times, when my period is about to come". i also feel that baby is around my pelvic sometime when i walk or move. Baby is still active moving and kicking even the tightening feel is there. I didn't felt pain tho.. more like very uncomfortable because my legs getting jelly and the feeling of my period is arriving anytime. Been trying to constantly check if my water break or mucus plug out. Keep having the feeling my baby gonna pop up within these 2 weeks. Am i too anxious about it? #firstbaby #1stimemom #pregnancy

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The tightening you felt is called 'braxton hicks' which is preparing your cervix for labour. You said baby is around your pelvic? Baby is low and probably have already engaged itself on your pelvic and getting ready for the D-day. For me, only with my 1st born I had a mucus plug. For my 3rd born I was already dilated at 4cm at 34 wks. I was always dilated at 3cm when I felt the contractions (1st, 2nd & 4th born). All induced which gynae broke my waterbag and I gave birth within 6 hrs with my 1st & 2nd born, 3 hrs with my 3rd and 12 hrs with my 4th born.

Read more
3y ago

Yes, your baby could already be engaged in your pelvic and waiting for the right time to come out. Keep walking or do squats. These 2 exercises really help your cervix to dilate.