Choosing a OBGYN

Hi mummies, can you share how you picked a OBGYN? I have a couple of recommendations but I am not sure how to select for the best one. Tips and tricks? #advicepls #firsttimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I asked for a few friends' recommendation based on their personal experience with the obgyn. Then I filtered by location (cos u will be visiting once a month, and later on every 2weeks during third trimester, even going out by taxi can be very tiring, so try not to choose one that is too far away from u). Finally came down to 2 obgyns. and i visited both to feel their "vibes". I picked the one that didnt hurt me during the transvaginal scan 😅

Read more

I didnt have any preference but mine i found out quite late and govt clinic’s private route the apptment was too late so they suggested i did my tests n scan elsewhr first. So i went on to find any clinic tat my sis fren recommended. Only one had apptment asap hence went along with that

Close friends/family’s recommendations, location, online reviews. Go for first consultation, if comfortable, stay on, if not switch. What suits me might not suit you â˜ș.

choosing a gynae --> need to go private! my current one is Serene Thian @KKH, she is knowledgeable and friendly :)

TapFluencer

Just in time, pls check out my post on choosing an OBGYN based on my experience, I just finished writing it

1y ago

Just read it! Thank you!