1st Trimester

Hi mummies and mummy-to-be, want to check do you break the pregnancy news to your family even before end of first trimester? #1stimemom

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The reason why people don’t tell during the first trimester is because it’s the most crucial and fragile part of the pregnancy. The more people you tell, the more people you’ll have to repeatedly explain if anything goes wrong with the pregnancy. You’ll have to go through repeated sense of loss and sorrow whenever you keep explaining to those that know of your pregnancy. Of course your husband/partner should know. And if you’re comfortable, just tell your parents and PIL. Others don’t need to know, hide your morning sickness if you must. If you’re working, tell your boss and pray to God he/she understands. Cause some bosses will see pregnancy as a hindrance to your work and will try to replace you after you give birth. Sad but true. My ex-boss warned me not to get pregnant before when he proposed a promotion for me. Of course I didn’t take it cause I had plans to get married that time. After I got married and pregnant and after I was done with maternity, he was already finding for a replacement. I was his personal assistant for 4 years. 3 months later, I got laid off. Now, the current PA is pregnant too. Lol. So tell only who you must. I know it’s exciting but it’s not really exciting when something bad happens. We all don’t wish for anything bad to happen but every pregnancy is different and every body is different.

Read more

We broke the news to all family members during my first pregnancy and as excited he was, my FIL shared the news to others even though we told him not to. I had a miscarriage a week later. Now I’m on a smoother sailing pregnancy after 2 miscarriages (both after 6 weeks gestation), we decided to only break the news to our families after I’ve reached the end of my first trimester, at the same time reminding them not to tell anyone until we are ready to tell others OURSELVES. I’m now at week 25 and since my tummy is not really showing unless at a certain angle, we don’t tell anyone unless they notice and ask.

Read more

Hi!! First pregnancy too & i was very secretive of it up to 8months of pregnancy! Told my hubby the same day i got to know im pregnant & then Told my parents & in-laws when i was 4months pregnant. Last my not least, told my closefriends when i was 5months pregnant! & strictly told them to keep it to themselves. Only announced to relatives/social media when im 8months pregnant. From time to time, we do get unsolicited advices but i always shrugged it off or complain to hubby once we’re homed 🤣

Read more

It's up to you really. Whenever you feel comfortable. My first pregnancy, we informed them when we found out we were pregnant. Then I had a miscarriage. Now I'm pregnant again and we decided to keep it from them until tummy cannot be hidden or maybe until 5th month. I have a lot of fears for this pregnancy due to my experience so I need to just keep it to myself until I am ready. All the best to you!

Read more

yes I told my husband on the day I found out and then my parents and pil as well although the first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage at 7wks. for second pregnancy we still did the same thing to tell our parents and pil so we could have some emotional support because there's a lot of anxiety following a miscarriage and family support helped alot. now currently 35 wks already!

Read more

yes. its my first pregnancy too and im at 9weeks now. hubs was the first to know then right after 1st poly appt, told my mum. then gradually told my in laws cos we living together in case they hear me vomitting or whatnot. haha. then after first kkh appt, told my family. then yest informed my boss so that she knows when i need to rest n take leaves. good luck!

Read more

yes i told my immediate family and in laws, and my team lead and manager too, so they know my condition and i can ask for breaks if i need to. As for colleagues, if they are backing u up for your work, it will be best that you inform them too, so that they wont think otherwise. Also, if they are trustworthy to not spread the news out for you.

Read more

Yes.. First my husband. Cause I found out when I went to the Dr thinking I was having some menses disorder. At about 9 weeks, told my family and In-laws. Also told my direct manager so she's aware as well. Prolly will break news to my other family members/friends ard 20 weeks.

I told immediately to my husband first around 4 weeks, when I got positive pregnancy test. Then around week 5, I told my friend bc they asked about my TTC progress, then I somehow couldn't lie, so I told them. Then week 7 I told my relatives (both from my side and husband).

Nope, I kept it secret to them except my husband, my manager and colleagues in case I need to take MC. Don’t wanna be explaining to many people in case anything happen to my pregnancy. Now I’m at week 13, going to release the news this weekend 😂😅