Induce labour?

Hi mummies kind a worry here im 32 weeks 1 day today.Igot my checkup and my baby weight 2.38kg.The doctor talk to me that my baby chubby she told me on next month if the my baby getting bigger i need to be induceđŸ„Čactually i dont have any medical problem like diabetes or anything.How is induce labour anyone go throught it before?Actually i never eat a lot ,snack also i never take.I dont know why my baby get bigger.Anyone do induce labour here b4 And hows the epidural effect after giving birth? #advicepls 🙏thanks and advace

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm, have you thought of asking for a second opinion? Baby weight is usually inaccurate and the only real way of finding out is when the baby is born. I also know of many cases where a doctor pushes for induction but the baby weighs much lesser than their prediction. Sometimes the predicted weight is due to large amounts of amniotic fluid. My SIL was for example was also told that her baby would be 3.8kg but in the end, he was only 2.8kg. That’s a whole kilo lesser. Plus, Induction contractions are known to be more painful because it only produces the oxytocins to trigger labour but not the chemical that helps cope with the pain. If your health condition is good and the baby is not in jeopardy, I would strongly suggest getting a second opinion. Have someone measure your fundal length instead. Even with an epidural, inducing labour before full term is not encouraged. There’s a reason why a 37 weeks newborn is still considered preterm and needs to be observed closely.

Read more
11mo ago

thanks for advice i will suggest it to my husband for 2nd opinion🙂

had induced labour for my 2nd as during my 36 weeks, it said that baby is Ard 3.6kg. but when birthed, she weighs more, at 4.2kg. I was induced on 37+1. induce for me is a long process haha. from the time they inserted the medication until I gave birth, total was ABT 31 hours for me. but pushing only took 17 mins. time wise varies between individuals. for a cousin of mine, her induced labour only took 9 hours. I took epidural too as for induce, the contractions is more like 1 shot kinda thing. not like natural labour, which will gradually increase in pressure. the after effect of epidural for me is low energy. but they will put on fall risk 6 hours after giving birth.

Read more
11mo ago

thank u for the advice

they will just start the labour process. it’s not always due to your diet but baby’s genes. you must be a ftm. inducing birth can take quite long, i didn’t have much epidural effect, just drowsy but i think exhausted from pushing.

11mo ago

thank u so muchđŸ„°đŸ„°

Don't worry yeah. All my 3 kiddos were induced and I used epidural. Side effects of epidural for me was shivering and a bit of nausea. But it'll pass very soon.

I was told the same...my baby was big 3.4kg and getting bigger...I just delivered my baby was only 2.5kg...mine was induced labour..It depends

11mo ago

thanks for the advice