Work Permit for confinement nanny

Hi mummies, I'm getting a freelance Malaysian confinement nanny (through word of mouth). I should be due soon, gynae recommend me to get induced if baby don't come out by this Saturday. I understood that I need to apply for work permit for confinement nanny (CN), my CN shared that it can be done on actual day itself. I will only be needing her for 28 days and she had completed another earlier job in may before (so mom should have her records) 1) Thus wanted to check if any of the mommies have experienced this where they do the application for WP for CN on day she arrives in Singapore? 2) I also wanted to check if any of the mummies bought medical insurance for the CN during her employment with you? You should buy medical insurance of at least $15,000 to cover your nanny during her employment with you. Note: This minimum required coverage will increase to $60,000 per year, for policies with start date effective on or after 1 July 2023. This better protects employers against large medical bills incurred by their nannies. For more details, refer to the medical insurance for migrant domestic workers. https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-confinement-nanny/eligibility Thanks in advance!!!!#firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can apply with MOM but I doubt you can do it in 1 day as they (MOM) need time to approve and confirm. Did not buy insurance (I think it's optional)but if nanny is sick must bring her see doc and pay for her.

For the WP of my CN we only applied on her arrival day itself however MOM approved quite fast for insurance I don’t think we purchased for that