Private and Public Hospital

Hi mummies I was thinking if anyone tried to go to private regular gynae for regular review and consultation and to kkh for tests to be done like the Oscar and Nipt test and there's a 20week trimester test I heard? Thinking it will be a more cost effective solution but not sure if doable. Currently in my 9 weeks. Thank u! #firstbaby #pleasehelp #advicepls #pregnancy #1stimemom #firstpregnancy

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am a FTM too and was under govt subsidy for kkh before going private gynae at 18weeks. Took my oscar at kkh. So 20 week scan will be with private. Each visit to kkh is usually ard > $100~ (for me at least after subs). For oscar my total bill was slightly above $200. Private package usually start from week16 and starting price is $1000 for consultation and ultrasound (depending on your gynae) excluding big scans like week20 etc. While it was cost effective with kkh, i wasnt really into the service part. It was very messy and I definitely was missing out details about my baby (different dr consult & diff dr scanned). So that made me regret not going private as early as week 16. I took it like ok i pay extra so i get a detailed explanation about my baby by the gynae that scanned me him/herself. While it is doable, it is also depends if you can afford it. Start by looking for private gynae and check on their prices first!

Read more
3y ago

But yes to the previous comment if youre with a private for regular checkup and only go kkh for big scans, you are considered as private kkh patient so no subs for that