Extremely stress out on financial

Hi mummies, i need a little advice or help. This is my first pregnancy and i am financially in debt with bank loans at a young age. Truth be told , i was a very big spender and every time my salary comes , within a week it will be finished. When i quit my old job and wanted to find another job , thats when i found out I was pregnant and ever since i couldnt find any job. It has been 2 months of being unemployed with zero savings. No one wanted to hire me because the company doesnt want to be liable shall anything happen to me. Does anyone know where i can seek financial help etc ? I am at my wits end and im trying my best to stay positive and i cant but im trying for the sake of my health and my baby's 😭#pleasehelp #firsttimemom #advicemommies #advicepls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Oh dear… financial stress is really real and it does affect mental health in the long run, especially when baby is born. Hmm are you staying on your own or with parents? You can seek help at your neighbourhood family service centre. The social workers there can assess your financial situation and see if there is any financial assistance that can be applied for you. It’s case by case basis and they do see the total income of your household. It may be intimidating to step in to seek help… but know that sometimes we just need a temporary support so we can move forward :) Hope it helps!

Read more

first thing first is to get referral letter to public hospital as a subsidised patient. from there U r able to save cost . I think the main thing now is to have certain income 1-2k per month . can ask Ur husband to hold his upgrading and work part time or get a full time until child is born . then he proceed with upgrading ? during pregnancy , the lesser stress U r and happier U r will be better for Ur mood . U might want to push Ur hubby to go out and work abit for the time being.

Read more
3mo ago

Came across this ad for a contract role at Science Centre. Can check it out: https://sg.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=db1b44b167d49c78&from=ja&alid=5cb4d79c46620e235b57547b&tk=1hkvria47m7um801&xpse=SoCM67I3FfxRdqxYNZ0LbzkdCdPP&utm_campaign=job_alerts&utm_medium=email&utm_source=jobseeker_emails&rgtk=1hkvria47m7um801&xkcb=SoA267M3Ff_Gqf0dGZ0IbzkdCdPP

You can maybe try debt consolidation plan, but the same time I think your husband should pause his upgrading and help financially first. Agree it’s hard to find a job while pregnant, but do consider doing part time job to have some income first..

3mo ago

hello , yes yes he has stop his upgrading and currently finding a job too , just awaiting for some news. on the other hand i tried to find some part time or 3 months contract job but its either im being turned down or they didnt contact me .

SSO can help. Also apply for short-medium comcare financial help (google this). For hospital, go under subsidy route and when you meet your doctor, ask the doctor to refer you to a Medical Social Worker. Your bills can offset up to 100% :)

Read more
2mo ago

thank u so much! i have done it! 🥰

Can consult debtaid! Do you have any partner or parents to help you out? Unfortunately most companies wont hire pregnant woman

3mo ago

hello ! thank u for your help ! yes i would appreciate your help with bb stuff ! 🙏🏽😭

Google and find your nearest social service office to seek for government assistance