Gestational Diabetes

Hi Mummies.. I am in my 28weeks.. having my 3rd baby.. in my late 30s.. My gynae said that the sugar in my blood is high and most probably this is what they called Gestational Diabetes during pregnancy.. Anyone having the same experiences? Scared that it will remains eventho gynae said that it may goes away after giving birth..

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You won't know if it'll remain until you do your tests 6 weeks after delivery; even then I understand we'll be at a higher risk of diabetes later in life. Do take care and manage your diet, it should reduce the future risks. I got a Freestyle Libre to monitor my spiking pattern for the first 2 weeks, then used the pinprick tests thereafter to test new foods as those tests are cheaper.

Read more
2y ago

thank you for ur advises.. ❤

VIP Member

Control your carb & sugar intake. Exercise. I always maintain a healthy BMI but still a border line GDM. Coz this pregnancy makes me lazy.. all I wanna do is jz eat & sleep all day. So I forced myself to a gd 30mins brisk walk daily. Take care!

Now onwards you can slowly lessen your sugar intake. Then go on a sugar detox. Cut out carbs. Drink plain water only. Don’t need to cut out too much fruits. Add more vegetables in your meals.

2y ago

Thank you for the advises.. will try to watch and control my diet.. ❤

Best is to stop eating carbs and sugar sweet stuff. Have to watch your diet or nobody can help you my dear.

2y ago

Yes, i agreed.. have to watch over the diet.. thank you so much for the advises.. ❤