Skipping Obimin & fishoil

Hi mummies. I feel like skipping obimin & fish oil. Like take alternate dates instead of everyday. Anyone has done this before? Cos i find that obimin really worsen my constipation & im so tired of dealing w it 🥲 currently 17 weeks. Still got a long way to go 🥲#pleasehelp #firstbaby #pregnancy

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I skipped all vitamins not because of constipation but because it made me had terrible diarrhea 🤣 also made me super duper lethargic while I was consuming it for 2 weeks. decided to stop because diarrhea was too bad and I was getting dehydrated. informed the doctor that I wasn't taking it due to this problems and doc acknowledge it , said that as long we take care of our dietary intake , shouldn't be any problem. She also suggested to drink maternity milk but I guess I wouldn't want to spend extra money on something that I don't take 🤣 so as of now I watch what I eat and ensure it has the sufficient intake I need for both me and baby inside!

Read more

It is okay just take when you feel okay. Not everyone has the same body that can take any supplements or medications. Fishoil actually helps to soften your stool. But again not everyone is the same. I had constipation too til i was 20 weeks its normal our hormones are changing. Try drinking vitagen everyday for awhile and see if anything changes or eat confinement like food like porridge or any soft food and see if anything changes. You need to play around with all these because different type of body accepts different type of ways of bringing up a baby in the body. Especially this is your first. I hope this helps! 😊

Read more

honestly I did skip my vitamins and fish oil a day or two in a week.. I'm guilty of this but its also because I don't seem to take fish oil very well because it makes me nauseous plus its not helping when I'm constantly bloated and burping all the time.. and same I find that vitamins makes me constipated as well. that said, I try to eat a more balanced diet everyday(thou it's not everyday clean and green..)

Read more

I skip fish oil occasionally during my trimester due to bad MS but try to take obimin everyday and spam lots of water and eat fruits that helps with constipation daily. Now at week 26th, I still take them daily but miss out every weekend. It is still fine as long as u eat a balanced diet

You can skip supplements as long as you eat a well balanced diet everyday. If you don't, I suggest you maintain it. You could eat or drink something to combat the constipation like eating dates, drinking Yakult, prune juice, etc.

me too I'm so inconsistent with it cos it just makes constipation worse but I try to take yakult or vitagen with it , it helps