Stillbirth...

Hi Mummies, I just delivered my stillborn baby girl at 32 weeks. It started when I noticed I haven't felt fetal movement for the day. Eventually, we went to KKH for a check to get a peace of mind. Turned out that she has no more heartbeat... We were shocked because we just had our regular check up with our private gynae few days back. So I was induced and had to deliver her out naturally. The medical team, nurses and doctors on duty were actually very nice and helped my hub and I a lot throughout the whole process. When the baby was finally out, we got to spend some time with her before she was taken to the mortuary. Anyway, the tests done indicated nothing which might cause the stillbirth. My pregnancy was also smooth sailing so far, no GDM or any other complications. As what the doctor mentioned, there might be no known reason for the stillbirth. Just wondering and need some positive stories for encouragement, anyone managed to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy again after a stillbirth? How long did you wait before trying again? Thanks in advance.

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy, you are not alone in this. i had a stillbirth at 22 weeks and i wanted to try for another immediately once i have recovered but i realise that i was trying to replace the grief i had which isn’t fair to my next one. Take your time to grief and heal. When it’s yours, it’s yours. I couldn’t find out the reason behind my stillbirth too, everything went well for all my check ups. Even with the next pregnancy, the anxiety won’t sit well for sure… Still looking forward to my rainbow baby one day, hopefully soon. Do take care! ❤️

Read more