Confinement nanny?

Hi mummies! My husband and I had initially discussed to hire a confinement nanny to help us after delivering. However, my MIL shared that it is not required as it is easy to take care. My intention is to learn from the nanny during the 1 month and get enough rest, how to convince my MIL? #advicepls

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

You may want to share some of your friends' experience to your MIL. If it still does not convince her, then the decision lie on you and your husband since it is about your management with your little one. As a mum-to-be, I dont think it is easy to take care especially the 1st month. you will definitely lack of sleep, husband need to get back to work after his paternity leave and you definitely need another helping hand to help you with your little one so that you can seize the chance to rest. Hope all will work well for you! All the best!

Read more

it's personal preference, need not care what others comment everyone told me I must hire CN, I must rest etc but I'm not comfortable with CN around, the CN that I had has no knowledge too, food sucks, what can I learn from her😅? is more tiring to WATCH what she's doing rather than I do it myself for my 2nd pregnancy I decided not to have CN and order Confinement Tingkat instead so it's really up to you whether to hire or not

Read more

As a ftm, I feel that nanny is soooo important. My parents live with us and my mum can’t even take care of my baby. The knowledge and skills are too rusty. And, you need someone to take care of the 3hrly milk night shift so you can rest . If ur mil says it’s easy to to take care, ask her come and help you. If not, ignore her. All talks and no action. The choice is urs, not hers (unless u are living with her).

Read more
VIP Member

Personally I will hire a confinement nanny because you will appreciate that extra pair of hands to help look after baby especially at night. Let your body recover before you embrace your new role as a mother. If your mil offered to help, you may want to consider her age because looking after a newborn at her current age and when she’s much younger is very different.

Read more

You surely need someone to help out while you recover. But whether or not a confinement nanny is necessary is still up to you. There are limited things that the CN will help tho. There are other chores in the house to do as well. Unless ur hubby can tank all the household chores..

VIP Member

you definitely need someone to take care of you and the baby at the same time. For husband it will be quite heavy and tough for him to handle everything. it is definitely not easy , it will be good to have someone either nanny or helper for help for atleast 3 months.

I tink the choice lies with u n ur hb? We r not comfortable with a stranger living in my home so we r not getting. Otherwise i would also hope to learn